Now that the temperatures are finally warming up, we are starting to pull out our skirts and shorts and t-shirts and are exposing our winter white skin. Perfect time for some self tanner. But, how do you apply them correctly so you look more like a glowing goddess and less like Snooky? Here is how:
Before you start, here is a tip: If you are very fair, mix some regular lotion with your self tanner for a more subtle effect. You can build color that way and avoid any mishaps!
1) First, prep is crucial. Exfoliate in the shower with a loofah and some body wash or a great body scrub.
2) Apply moisturizer to your feet, elbows and knees (very important !). Our skin is drier in these areas and soaks up lotions faster.
3) Gloves are a good idea, but if you don’t have any, make sure you apply moisturizer to the palms of your hands before starting the self tanning process. When you are done, wash your hands immediately and don’t forget to scrub in between your fingers and your nails.
4) Apply self tanner and massage into the skin in a circular motion – even if you are using a spray, you still need to blend it in. Go easy on elbows and knees and make sure you blend around your ankles.
5) Let dry about 10 minutes before getting dressed.
Here are a few of my favorite self tanners: