Finally, the weather is breaking and after a few months of living in polar vortex conditions, I’m looking forward to exercising outdoors! (With spring comes road race season and I’m running the Newport Ten Miler. If you’d like to find a race near you, visit Cool Running to search by length and date.)
Whether you are a longtime exerciser or just starting a new routine, there is nothing like a new workout outfit to inspire you to get moving. Here are some of my recent favorites, below. As usual, some items are worth spending more on and others not so much. From Lululemon to Target, here are some things I have my eye on…
- Look for running pants with a wide waistband if you have muffin top concerns. I love Lululemon’s “Wunder Under” pant.
- I love this Chi Ombre tank from Athleta.
- This fuchsia ¼ zip pullover is on sale for $20 at Target right now.
- If you like support in a sports bra without the pancake effect, check out the Ta Ta tamer at Lululemon.
- Nike Zomeros from Rhode Runner were my “Friday Favorites” last week on JMstylist.com.
- The Jawbone Up bracelet tracks your sleep and measures your steps, and even has an “idle alert” for when you’ve been sitting too long.
Jill is a personal stylist and beauty expert who appears regularly on WPRI’s The Rhode Show (weekdays at 9am). For help cleaning out your closet, dressing for your body type, and developing your own personal style, contact Jill or visit www.jmstylist.com.