These days we are all busy. One responsibility that is sometimes cast aside is preparing a healthy meal. I am often told by my blog followers that quick, attractive and healthy recipes are most valued. With that said if you don’t think you have the luxury of extra time to prepare nutritious and beautiful food, read on.
One of my favorite foods to prepare (and full of nutritional benefits too) is salmon. In addition, salmon is a rather elegant looking fish. With a recipe like the one I am sharing today, you can impress your friends and family with approximately 30 minutes of your time and the following ingredients.
Easy Elegant Salmon (Yield = 4)
3/4 cup apricot or raspberry preserves
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper
1/2 cup whole or 1/3 cup slivered almonds
4 salmon filets (5-6 oz each)
Olive Oil cooking spray
1. Place the whole or slivered almonds into a gallon-size storage bag and crush them a bit.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the preserves, soy sauce, garlic, salt & pepper and almonds and pour the mixture into the storage bag with the almonds.
3. Place the salmon in the bag and flip the bag gently a few times. If you have the time, lay the bag flat in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and place the salmon filets flat in the dish.
Set the marinade aside. Bake the fish for 20 minutes or so until cooked.
5. Pour the marinade from the storage bag into a small saucepan and bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly for about 2-3 minutes. Place the salmon on a clean serving dish or plate individually and pour some of the sauce over the salmon
For more recipes please visit, www.savoringthethyme.com