Now that the kids are back in school and summer has ended (sad face), it is time to get back into a routine and trade in that tinted moisturizer for something a little more substantial. To help you update your makeup bag, here are some Fall trends that are very wearable and easily incorporated into your existing makeup wardrobe.
1) Matte Foundation – this is huge this season. When wearing a matte foundation, the right shade is key, so make sure it matches your skin and blend,blend, blend!
2) The smoky brown eye. Very soft and pretty and very wearable. I especially love this palette from Bobbi Brown.
3) Flushed cheeks – Rosy, just from a brisk walk outside, cheeks are trending for the cooler days ahead. This blush is super user friendly. Just smile and apply with your fingers to the apple of your cheeks. The lovely, rose petal scent is an added bonus.
4) A berry lip is key. Choose a balm or gloss to make this trend wearable and less intimidating.
5) Oxblood nail polish – this shade is my absolute favorite and I will be wearing it all season long.
Kirsten is a Beauty Expert and Makeup Artist with almost 20 years experience in the field. Her artistry and advice have been published on The Knot, Style Me Pretty,The Providence Journal and Rhode Island PBS, among others. She was part of the makeup team at StyleWeek NorthEast 2013 and is a regular contributor to WPRI's The Rhode Show. Most recently, Kirsten has started a beauty and lifestyle blog, thedailybeautyblotter.com, in an effort to make her knowledge and expertise accessible to everyone in a fun and approachable way.