When packing for a vacation, focus on the 3 M’s: mixing, matching and multi-purpose!
- If you start with neutral colors (here I’ve chosen black, white and gold) and add just a pop or two of color (blue and green), most of your garments will coordinate with each other and you can create multiple looks using the same items.
- This maxi dress can be worn casually (and so comfortably) for walking around during the day and transition easily to night with some simple jewelry.
- The tunic can be worn as a beach cover up, or with white jeans at night. The blue bag matches the tunic but also provides a pop of color against the neutrals of the black and white dress and the gold tank.
- You can’t beat a metallic flat for a great all-purpose shoe. These gold thongs go from beach to dinner. They match everything, are comfortable, and don’t take up valuable space in my carry on! If you need something dressier, a nude wedge will do.
- Pack basic accessories (not too casual, not too dressy) so you don’t have to worry about what goes with what.
Jill Marinelli is a personal stylist who is passionate about helping women look and feel fabulous. She appears regularly on WPRI’s “The Rhode Show” and in her “My Style” segment on 92 Pro-FM. Learn more about Jill’s services and her stylist training program at www.jmstylist.com.
Follow Jill on Twitter
Like Jill on Facebook